- Gather your materials. You will need 2 pieces of white paper, some black paint, a black marker,scissors, some black pipe cleaners, something to paint with like a sponge or brush, and a piece of construction paper.
- Draw or have your child draw a fat Z
- Draw a Zebra head, don’t worry about it being perfect!
- Start painting the stripes.
- Glue pipe cleaner pieces on as the mane, you could use paper strips or yarn for this too.
- Cut the Z out .
- Glue everything onto a piece of construction paper!
Playing with letters, seeing letters and print in their environment is a really important part of early literacy. Providing a print rich environment helps to teach your child that words are not just for stories that letters, words and print is used by us in practically everything we do. Point letters out to your child, have scavenger hunts – just have fun and you will be amazed by how naturally they will learn.