Place Card Holder
Place Card Holder
I fondly remember making place cards for my mom when guests came over , this simple place card holder can be adapted to any occasion, use a sprig of pine for Christmas, or some glittery berries for new years! Also for the kids table you can make the Foam Turkey and glue a clothes pin to the back! This is also a great way to practice penmanship which doesn’t get much action these days! Even if you aren’t hosting a big holiday dinner making some place cards is a great way to involve your children in setting the table!
- Gather your materials. You will need some dried grass, or other fall foliage, glue, cardstock, paper cutter if available, scissors, clothes pins, fine tipped marker , gliter glue , hole punch and ribbon.
- Start by cutting out an oval with scissors or cheat with a paper cutter like me! I am using brown blank note cards , I liked the color and the weight is perfect for the project.
- Using a hole punch , punch two small holes in the oval.
- Thread a piece of ribbon through , use a longer piece than you think you will need, trust me it’s easier to cut off extra than re thread it.
- Add a little dab of glue where the main part of your foliage will be. If you are making this sans kids use hot glue it will be way faster and sturdier.
- Add fall foliage , tie a bow.
- Add glue to a clothes pin, don’t add as much as I did, it took forever for mine to dry!
- Pop your oval on, let dry.
- While that dries cut a 2nd oval out, write the name of a guest and decorate , I chose to do simple dots of glitter glue.
- When dry put it together! Remember you can pop different name in for next year, or if you have a change in the guest list. Your placecard will stand on it’s own, i just couldn’t get a good picture!