My computer is in the shop, and we all know how fun the library is with a toddler , enjoy this old post ! I will be back online Thursday
- Gather your materials. You will need an old beverage mix container, or coffee can. We are using a huge Lemonade can because my husband drinks far too much of it. You will also need some tissue paper, glue, some tape, a pastry or paint brush and a small plate or plastic lid.
- Tape or glue down the plastic lid to the drum.
- Pour some glue onto a plastic lid or plate , you will be brushing on the glue with the paint brush .
- Have your child paint on the glue. I was shocked how well my little guy did, as long as no glue was dripping off the brush he didn’t even try to eat it. Normally he has a hankering for glue.
- Cover the can in big pieces of tissue paper. I used a dark color so you couldn’t see the writing on the container but if you are using a container that is free of all that you can skip this step.
- While your child is covering the can with big pieces, cut out some smaller pieces of tissue in contrasting colors.
- Glue those on.
- Let dry.
- Start making music! ( I swear my child isn’t always in sleepers, we usually do art in the early am , and he was drumming away right before nap. )