I’m Fried !

Felt Fried Egg !

This is really nothing more than a “hmmm what could we make with that?” sort of craft. We were eating a ton of applesauce and had lots of these containers laying around , so I did a little brainstorming and voila a new item for our play kitchen.

1. Gather your materials. You will need some paint, white felt, glue , a cleaned out single serving container and scissors.
  2. Start by squirting some paint in the container, we used red and yellow to make orange. For a fast craft like this I try to add in a color mixing lesson . My son has always loved this, if your child isn’t into it don’t push.
  3. Put the container aside to dry. Make sure it’s not too full with paint. I had to scoop some out and we did some finger painting after with it.
  4. While that is drying – draw an outline ( although if you are good with scissors just wing it) of a fried egg.
  5. Cut out.
  6. When the painted cup is dry, add glue around the edges
  7. Press down on the felt, let dry.
  8. Get cookin’

Song!

This song was a favorite of mine in Brownies, don’t know why but kids love it!

Fried Ham

Fried Ham, Fried Ham,
Cheese and Bologna
And after the macaroni
We’ll have fun with,
Pickles and pretzels,
and then we’ll have some more fried ham,
Fried ham , fried ham , fried ham!

Comments

1. elBow says

Great (and easy) idea. I’ve really enjoyed your posts – you’re very creative! And the song . . . what a flashback to elementary school!

2. The Eagars says

I love the song, my daughter is going to love it to. Thanks again for doing all this work on this awesome blog. My daughter loves to craft and you make is so easy and and simple. THANKS!

3. Stina says

LOL. Thats awesome. My girls just made me play it like 10 times in a row. Love your blog. WE have lots of fun seeing what you guys have been up to each week. Do you have a general list of items that you always have on hand? And how do you organize everything? I have a couple plastic tubs and I feel like I’m still missing stuff. lol.

4. Andrea says

So clever! We just use those little applesauce cups for snack bowls, the sanbox or the bath. Great recycling idea :)

5. Carebear says

Such a cute idea. Never thought about re-using those! Now I’ll be thinking up all kinds of things to do with them! And LOL on the song. Reminds me of sixth grade camp!

6. katherinemarie! says

Can I tell you how much I adore this??? I’ve been on a felt food craze forever and this is the MOST original and ADORABLE yet!!! This goes along with our “bacon and egg” theme April fools joke… :):):)

THANKS A MILLION as always!

7. Stina says

Thanks for the links. I should have figured you would have already done posts on these. :-/

Very helpful. I love doing crafts with our girls (3 & 1) and have gotten such great ideas from you. Thanks for sharing these with all of us!