Painting With Cookie Cutters

toddler painting ideas

This is such a simple activity that kids of all ages can enjoy, perfect for the weekend when your family is together all day. Cookie cutter painting is a fun way to make recognizable shapes without too much structure. My son loved doing this and I thought it was the perfect,simple way to end a great Spring Fling Week here at No Time For Flash Cards. Thanks for celebrating the changing of the seasons with us!

1. Gather your materials. You will need some paper, a cookie cutter , paint and a plate.
  2. Spread your paint on a plate.
  3. Dip your cookie cutter in the paint
  4. Print !
  5. If you want add another color and keep going!

Comments

1. Jennifer says

Cool idea! I think I’m gonna leave these items out for my kids to do with their dad today while I’m gone. Thanks

2. Linda says

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It’s nice to meet you.

I wish I had this kind of resource when my kids were little!

3. Keri says

i love all your activities! i nominate you for the I LOVE YOUR BLOG award and you totally deserve it in every way!
    check out my blog for the details!!

4. Rhymes and More.. says

i did a similar activity with my lil one few days back with building blocks and he had lots of fun.

this looks cute too.

Your block prints turned out so well, every tie I do block prints with my son he builds towers instead of painting!

6. Nicki says

We did a similar activity for St. Patrick’s Day, using shamrock-shaped cookie cutters… and we added glitter!!! (I got brave… I love glitter!)

7. Kati says

Hopping over from the UBP! What a great idea you have here!

That is going to be our next art project! thanks!!

See you around!

8. SkylarKD says

My daughter is very into cookie cutters lately (ever since we had her play dough birthday party), so we’ll have to give this a try!

9. TracyB says

A green pepper makes great flower prints as well. Just cut in horizontally across the middle and they look like a pansy print.

10. Kelly says

What a great idea! With Christmas coming up, I think I’ll get out the holiday cutters and make some homemade wrapping paper with this idea.