Red + White = Pink !
We made this craft ages ago, from time to time a craft will be made and shelved because I’ve posted a similar one, or one that used similar materials or in this case because I forgot about it. I am always looking for something to do with these applesauce containers besides using them in our play kitchen as bowls. Of course I snuck in a color mixing lesson and if I had more felt I would have made a few flowers with different color mixes like orange and purple.
- Gather your materials. You will need some white and red felt ( these are less than 50 cents a piece) , some red and white paint, glue, scissors and of course an plastic single serve container ( like applesauce, fruit cups etc…) .
- Start by pouring your paint into your cup.
- Mix the two colors, while your child is doing this make sure to ask about what’s happening.
set aside to dry.
- Cut out a large flower from the red felt.
- Cut smaller white petals.
- Add glue to the red flower
- Add the petals, be sure to count them. Don’t worry if some are upside down.
- When the cup of paint is dry add glue around the edge.
- Glue in the middle of the petals. Let dry.