On Friday I went into the city while my parents soaked up some time with their only grandchild. After reiterating that the candy was to decorate not eat I left for the ferry and have only been told about what happened next. Time with grandparents is so precious and having a special activity makes it even better! My son was so excited to show my husband and I his “Cool gingerbread house” and since making it with my parents he has pointed to every gingerbread house he’s seen and said ” I made one of those with Grandma and Grandad! ” pretty cool!
- Gather your materials. You will need a gingerbread house kit , icing and candies. Our house came with everything you see here but when this activity is repeated next year more candies will be bought. Also make sure you have a permissive grandparent and eager grandchild.
- Start by icing the house.
- Add the candies.
- Add some more for bushes.
- Don’t forget the door nob!
- Add some icing icicles.
- Eat some icing with help from Grandad! I love this picture even though I am sure I would have said “Dad don’t ?!” had I been there, so it’s good I wasn’t.
- Beam with pride when it’s all done!