I love wreaths almost as much as I love garlands! This Valentine’s Day craft is fun , easy to make and easy on your wallet. The foam hearts are super light and I was able to tape the wreath to a door in our house using only blue painters tape . Also if you want you can turn it into a patterning lesson as well or just randomly glue the hearts on.
- Gather your materials. You will need a paper plate, glue, foam heart picks ( got mine 9 for a dollar at the dollar store), red markers and scissors.
- Start by coloring the paper plate with markers. We used red but use whatever color your child wants to.
- Start by having your child pull the tops off the heart picks. I twisted them so they were easier to pop off. This step was really fun.
- While they do that cut the middle out.
- Add a lot of glue. If you don’t normally let your child do the glue because they use too much, let them with this one. You need a lot of glue so let them at it!
- Add your hearts. Randomly or in a pattern. I just let him do it however he wanted and he quickly settled on a pattern and sang it out as he added it. You can also sneak counting in here if you want.
- Let dry.