Comments

1. anonymous says

Fantastic!! I can’t wait to do this with my 5 yr old son! Looks like our library has a copy of the “Thanksgiving on Plymouth Plantation” book too, so we’ll be able to check that out as well!! You are truly gifted in creating meaningful play and fun learning experiences.

2. Lisa says

Oh man – I just turned in my daughter’s Scholastic book form yesterday, thought about buying that book, but ultimately didn’t because I don’t love some of the Thanksgiving stories out there and didn’t know if it would be any good. Oh well, I’ll check the library. Looks like another fun project. I’ve been following this blog for years now, but did you know that some of your projects are being pinned all over pinterest now?

I absolutely love this idea! We are doing a thanksgiving unit study this month and this activity will be great for my k5 to do. It is simple but very educational!

Thank you for sharing this. I think it’s age-appropriate and honest. My boy is only 2, but I’m definitely going to keep track of that book and your lesson, especially.

5. Lori Willard says

This is FANTASTIC!! You really have done a GREAT job! My kids learn so much better when DOING something– so this is PERFECT! Thank you for taking the time to write it out and share!!

6. Julie says

Thank you for sharing this! We will definitely be doing it. And, our sons share the same birthday :) I was making a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert when I went into labor

7. Jeneva says

I love this!! I am part of a small teaching group and we are going over Pilgrims this Friday so we are going to incorporate this idea into the activities. Thank you!

Just printed out your questions so we can do this tomorrow while I’m finishing preparations for our dinner. Thanks so much for a great idea! We bought “Thanksgiving on Plymouth Plantation” and love it. Another great book we found is “The First Thanksgiving” from step into reading (http://amzn.to/UXQJIT) and have really enjoyed that as well.

9. Lorna Russell says

Hi,
    Thank you so very much for sharing this fabulous idea.
    I am Australian, and am going to adapt your clever idea to share our colonial history with our 6 year old son and my Year 5 students.
    I think it is such a powerful way to teach empathy by getting them to physically follow the path.
    I won’t be doing this until early next year- which gives me time to research and plan it well.
    Thank you again- you have inspired me!
    Lorna from Melbourne