When I started as a Klutz Crew member I got to pick which Klutz Books I wanted to try out for my family and I was especially excited about this one. I don’t do a ton of crafts myself anymore because I just don’t have the time. I have never done a twirled paper craft before so I was glad there were instructions included.
This is a really fun book . Twirled Paper is definitely for older , I would put the age range at 8+ because it takes some real fine motor ability to twirl . I love this book because there is no one project , there are tons of ideas that you can follow or use as inspiration for your own like I did. It’s also a great one to have on hand for rainy days if you live near me or hot summer days when you have to stay in the air conditioning. My favorite thing about it is that the essential materials are all included and packs back into it’s original packaging easy peasy. I have so many disorganized craft supplies but these stay in the book and it pops right onto a shelf. Even when I was half way through a project I was able to pack it up away from my 2 year old when the toddler project she was working on was done. The one thing I do wish they had was a second twirling wand so you could work on it with a friend or have a back up if you lose it. Luckily they do sell them for under $2 here.
Here’s a little video I made to show you how I made this Christmas card but really it turned into showing you all how convenient these projects are to start and stop and pack away when an unexpected visitor wakes from her nap much much too soon!
Here is the full how to for the card .
- Gather your materials. You will need a plain card, some white card stock , double stick tape and Klutz Books Twirled Paper .
- Start by choosing your colors. For the tree you will need 8 strips in two shades of green ( or your choice of colors), one strip of yellow and 3 strips of red cut in half.
- Twirl your paper. For the green I made some tight and some looser. Remember like I said in the video add your dab of glue and sing the ABCs in your head then let go and the paper should be nice and snug. The red “ornaments” were twirled very tightly.
- Cut your card stock into a rectangle and using double stick tape stick it to your card.
- Glut the twirled paper on using the glue from the kit.
- Let dry.
Do you use craft kits? What do you love about them?