My daughter is HUGE into coloring right now. Unlike her brother ( or her mom) she loves the challenge of staying in the lines. I created this simple free color by numbers printables for her to use but the beauty of it is that it’s completely adaptable. The colors are set but you can adjust the way your child reaches that number many many ways.
Gather your materials. You will need a light colored pencil for writing the info below into the circles, and markers or crayons. You may also want a clip board to keep it all together! You will also need the printable. Click on the image above and print!
- Use it for reading – Write the word for the digit in the circles. Have your child read the word and color accordingly using the legend
- Use it for writing – Write the number and have the child trace the pencil with marker. <— my daughter thought this one up and as you can see loved doing it!
- Use it for subitizing – Use tally marks in the circles and have your child translate them to digits and color accordingly.
- Use it for addition – Write simple addition equations with the sum being the number your child must use to identify the correct color.
- Use it for subtraction – Write simple equations with the difference being the number your child must use for coloring.
- Use it for counting – add dots to the circles and have your child count to find out what color they should be using to color in.
- Use it for number identification/ matching. Simply write in the number and use the legend to find the matching number and what color you need to use.
So many fun ways to use it! So I think you should print out a BUNCH. I loved watching my kids doing the same activity with their own adaptations together at our sun room desk!
Merry Christmas !