Cat In The Hat
Today is Dr. Seuss’ birthday,I am reposting this because today is the big day ! So grab your favorite silly book and celebrate one of the most important and influential individuals in children’s literature !
- Gather your materials. You will need 2 large sheets of white paper, a paper plate, red paint, a large brush or sponge, glue, scissors and tape.
- Start by painting one of the paper red. We are using a large sponge to encourage lots of coverage. * If you have painters tape handy you can place it on the paper and paint over it, when you remove the tape you’ll have white stripes and you can skip steps 5 and 6. Don’t press too hard though, it will stick to paper.
- While your child paints cut the middle out of the paper plate.
- Paint the plate.
- While your child paints cut strips of paper from the 2nd piece.
- When the red paint is dry, add the glue.
- Add the strips ( in my case I did this because my son lost all interest in art when he started washing his hands… this is pretty common! )
- Make a tube with the paper, glue together, pop it in the paper plate to make sure it’s the right size.
- Attach the paper plate to one end by making small cuts in the paper and folding it onto the plate and taping it. This is tricky and use lots and lots of tape if you want the hat to last more than a few minutes.
- Pop it on !