Chica Chica Boom Boom
The classic book Chica Chica Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault was the inspiration for this craft. You may be wondering where the coconuts are and I do have an answer, I totally forgot to make them. So if you want some coconuts on your tree, while painting the truck use some cardboard to make coconuts and paint them the same brown as the trunk.
- Gather your materials. You will need a paper towel roll, some newspaper, glue, masking tape, some extra cardboard, some pre cut letters, and green and brown paint.
- Start by having your child paint the newspaper with the green paint. I have my son paint 6 small pages ( they were half of a regular page each) , I just kept going until he lost interest.
- Let those dry.
- Paint the paper towel roll brown and let dry.
- Once dry layer the news paper so some of the painted sides face up and some face down.
- Roll and secure the bottom with masking tape.
- Cut along the newspaper until the masking tape. Do this 4-5 times .
- Put glue on the masking tape
- Stuff the newspaper, masking tape end first into the roll.
- Glue the pre cut letters on, don’t forget to ask your child what letters they are, or label them for the little guys!
- Oh and if you remember to add the coconuts, now would be a good time to do that!
Chicka Chicka ABC is a fantastic board book and shorter version of the longer book. My son loves this book and it’s the perfect amount of text for a toddler, the illustrations by Lois Ehlert are so bright and bold that even very young babies will respond to it! A must have for all bookshelves.