Before my son came along I used to make all my own gift tags with nice card stock, ribbon etc… this year 90% of my tags have Lighting McQueen or Cinderella on them and I did not make them. However I thought I would make a few picture frame ones for our family far away! Oh and I swear this is the last sparkly foam craft til next Christmas, or at least Valentine’s Day !
- Gather your materials. You will need some foam, sticky back works but you can use regular , or even card stock, some wallet size photos, glue, a marker, scissors and sparkly pipe cleaners!
- Start by cutting out your picture, and using it as a guide for how big a piece of foam you will need for the frame.
- Cut out.
- Cut out a larger piece for the back.
- Glue your picture to the larger piece
- Cut some small pieces or shapes and have your child glue or stick them onto the frame.
- Place the frame over it, glue it down.
- Poke a small hole at the top and thread a pipe cleaner through.
- Write your message on the back with a marker!
- Add them to your gifts or tree !
- Gather your materials. You will need 2-3 colors of sticky back sparkle foam sheets, a yogurt or other plastic lid, some ribbon, a marker and scissors.
- Trace the outside of the lid on the back of one of your foam sheets. Cut out.
- Peel the backing off and press onto your lid, I lined it all up for my son and he pressed it down.
- While your child marvels at the sparkles, cut out some shapes from the other foam sheets. I made a few diamonds, rectangles, triangles and squares. Make any shapes you like!
- Add them to your circle. I kept them out of reach, and had my son ask for each by it’s name, we haven’t done much with shapes lately so I wanted this to be a mommy lead lesson. If it’s just fun time, I would ask him casually as he was adding them what each was without being so blatant.
- Keep adding them until your ornament is full!
- Poke a hole in the top of the ornament
- Thread a ribbon that is folded in half through the hole, tie a knot.
- Hang up and marvel at this super easy but super cute ornament!
Jessica over at The Entertaining House is always sure to have something fun and crafty on her site. These ornaments turned out so well, they look like something you would find at a little chi chi boutique! For the full how to check out :
The Entertaining House