- Gather your materials. You will need 2-3 colors of sticky back sparkle foam sheets, a yogurt or other plastic lid, some ribbon, a marker and scissors.
- Trace the outside of the lid on the back of one of your foam sheets. Cut out.
- Peel the backing off and press onto your lid, I lined it all up for my son and he pressed it down.
- While your child marvels at the sparkles, cut out some shapes from the other foam sheets. I made a few diamonds, rectangles, triangles and squares. Make any shapes you like!
- Add them to your circle. I kept them out of reach, and had my son ask for each by it’s name, we haven’t done much with shapes lately so I wanted this to be a mommy lead lesson. If it’s just fun time, I would ask him casually as he was adding them what each was without being so blatant.
- Keep adding them until your ornament is full!
- Poke a hole in the top of the ornament
- Thread a ribbon that is folded in half through the hole, tie a knot.
- Hang up and marvel at this super easy but super cute ornament!
Jessica over at The Entertaining House is always sure to have something fun and crafty on her site. These ornaments turned out so well, they look like something you would find at a little chi chi boutique! For the full how to check out :
The Entertaining House