Crafts & Book Pairs
Our first Read & Make post was so crazy popular that I knew I needed to keep this theme going. I see all of you pinning fall ideas on Pinterest and searching for them here on the blog. I thought I would help you out by sharing this easy cheat sheet of 23 fall books with crafts to match.For the full craft tutorials click the craft title under each pair. The book title is an affiliate link and will take you to Amazon.com
- Fall Mixed Up by Bob Raczka and Shape Scarecrow Craft .
- A Friend for All Seasons by Julia Hubery and Falling Leaves Craft.
- Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington and Lacing Apple.
- Ghosts in the House! by Kazuno Kohara and Puffy Paint Ghost.
- A Plump and Perky Turkey by Teresa Bateman and Handprint Turkey Craft
- School Bus by Donald Crews and Cut & Paste School Bus Craft.
- Leaves by David Ezra Stein and Uppercase Lowercase Letter Sorting Tree.
- Dot & Jabber and the Great Acorn Mystery by Ellen Stoll Walsh and Torn Paper Acorn.
- When Autumn Falls by Kelli Nidey and Tape Resist Fall Tree.
- The Kissing Hand by Audry Penn and Kissing Hand Necklaces.
- Inside a House That Is Haunted by Alyssa Satin Capucilli and Haunted House Math Activity.
- Patty’s Pumpkin Patch by Teri Sloat and Pumpkin Printing.
- Pumpkin Eye by Denise Fleming and Dry Erase Jack-O-Lantern.
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert and Leaf Butterfly Craft.
- I Know It’s Autumn by Eileen Spinelli and Simple Autumn Sensory Tub.
- Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman and Pin and Pound Pumpkins.
- Apple Picking Time by Michele Benoit Slawson and Peel and Pick Apple Tree.
- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell and Letter O Owl Craft.
- This First Thanksgiving Day: A Counting Story by Laura Krauss Melmed and Candy Corn Math.
- T is for Touchdown: A Football Alphabet by Brad Herzog and Simple Football Craft.
- Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown and Paper Plate Scarecrow.
- Dem Bones by Bob Barner and X-ray X letter Craft.
- Leaf Jumpers by Carole Gerber and Tape Resist Leaves.
Want more Read & Make ? Check out the first post in this series with 25 popular children’s books and matching crafts. Click the image to jump to that post.As stated above this post contains affiliate links.
When I started No Time For Flash Cards I started it with the intention of trying to give my friends who were at home with their kids some fun activities to fill in their day. When I taught I would always link the book I read at opening circle time with our art exploration for the day. It gave the students focus and padded the learning on both ends. We didn’t hit the kids over the head with facts or structure but a little themed continuity went a long way in our exploration of the chosen topic. After more than 5 years of blogging I have paired countless books with crafts. Consider this list of 25 a cheat sheet. I hope you find it useful.For the full craft tutorials click the craft title under each pair. The book title is an affiliate link and will take you to Amazon.com