We went to story time at our local library the other day and since getting home my son has been singing this song . So to go along with the all the quacking at our house we made a duck! I used to use it in my classroom to teach French but I will spare you my bad accent , the video of the English version is below.
- Gather your materials. You will need some construction paper( white and a tiny bit of orange) , feathers, a googley eye, some markers or paint, scissors, and glue.
- Start by drawing a large D on the construction paper.
- Have your child color the D with markers or paint.
- While they do that cut out a beak from the orange paper. Also now that I see it done I should have rounded the beak.. oh well!
- Cut the D out – I forgot to do this at this stage and it was way harder to do it later, learn from my oops!
- Add glue for the eye.
- Pop the eye on.
- Add the glue for the beak
- Add the beak
- Add a good long line of glue for the feathers
- Pop on as many as you want ! Let dry.
Six little ducks that I once knew,
fat ones, skinny ones, and fair ones too,
but the one little duck with the feather on his back,
he led the others with a quack quack quack!
Quack, quack , quack,
he lead the others with a quack quack quack!
Continue with 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
“One Duck Stuck” by Phyllis Root looks like an everyday book , but inside you will find a brilliantly repetitive storyline, that promotes teamwork, and mathematical skills! Young toddlers all the way up to school age kids will love to read a long, announcing “Still stuck !” through out the story. My students a few years ago were nuts about this book and yours will be too!
” Duck on a Bike” by David Shannon tickles my funny bone. I love this book, the message is awesome too. Just because it’s never been done before doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try! Also how cute is a duck riding a bike? The illustrations are amazing and your child will love the farm animals and the tractor at the end. Oh and please tell me I am not the only one waiting for “Duck on a Tractor” ? I’d buy it in a heartbeat !