Red, Blue and White play dough: we used our favorite play dough recipe. We also added glitter to the white after they played with it the first time. The recipe is super simple: 1 cup water, 1 cup salt, 1 cup flour, 2 TBSP oil and coloring( for this i used sugar free jello! smells so yummy! but you can use food paste or coloring, kool aid or paint.) stir all the ingredients till smooth,cook on med heat till it pulls away from the
pan, cool for a bit, knead still smooth and play!
Shannon blogs at Welcome To Our Wonderland where she share’s books and sometimes activities to go with the children’s books. She taught prek for 11 years and become a stay at home mom 10 years ago when her oldest was born.
- Gather your materials. You will need 3 pieces of white paper, 1 blue, 1 red , markers, glue, scissors , a star paper punch and a gift wrap roll.
- Start by having your child use blue and red markers to color the pole. If they are older they can write words like “vote” “America” “election” etc… on it. My son loved this step so much it’s all he did!
- While they do this you do the craft, oh wait that was just us. While they color you can cut out the paper shapes, if they are older have them help or do this all on their own. You will need 4 short and 4 long red stripes , one blue square ( well it’s really a fat rectangle..), and a whole bunch of white stars. My son took a break from coloring to try the paper punch.
- Start by gluing the blue section on.
- Add the stripes
- Add the stars
- Check on my son who is still coloring the pole , and a little bit of my kitchen table.
- Let dry
- Using the last piece of white paper – write a message. Campaign if you want , or just write something like we did ” Vote Today!!”
- Glue that to the back of the flag, add some clear tape for stability.
- Glue the flag to the pole
- Get your message out, be heard!
Here are two fun flag crafts!
- Gather your materials. For this flag on the top you will need some white paper, blue construction paper, a sponge, red and white paint and scissors.
- Cut the sponge into a long strip and a star. As you can see the star doesn’t need to be perfect!
- Cut a small square out of the blue construction paper.
- Using the white paint sponge paint white stars on the blue paper. Set aside.
- Using the long sponge and red paint paint red stripes onto a white paper.
- Glue the Blue paper onto the red and white one and voila you made a cool flag!
- Gather your materials. For this flag you will need some white paper, a white crayon , blue and red paint and a paint brush.
- Using your white crayons draw lots of long stripes, leaving the area for the stars blank. Then add the stars. This can be hard to do but remember to press hard so that there is a lot of wax.
- Carefully paint with blue paint over JUST the stars.
- Carefully with red paint paint over the stripes. If the stripes or stars aren’t showing through keep wiping off any extra paint and the crayon should appear.