- Gather your materials. You will need a paper bag, a paper plate, some black rice, glue, yellow and green paint , a marker , scissors, a bath poof or sponge and double stick tape.
- Start by cutting open your grocery bag and drawing a long stem along one edge and multiple petals on the rest of it.
- Cut the stem outline out and have your child paint it green. My son loved using the roller paints for this because it was so easy to make long straight lines. Let dry.
- Paint the petals with the bath poof or sponge. I find that when we are painting a large surface it’s much better to use a big tool that covers easily.
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate with the yellow paint too. Let dry.
- Cut out the stem and petals
- Add glue to the center of the paper plate – more is better so this is a great time to have your child control the glue.
- Add the rice. My son added a few at first then dumped the whole dish on. Let dry. This actually dried to the touch pretty fast.
- Flip the plate upside down and using the double stick tape tape the petals on.
- Tape the stem on.
- Brighten even the darkest day !
” Grow Little Seed!”