This is such an easy Halloween craft and you can stop at the painting or continue on to make a simple garland to hang up for Halloween. Potato prints are a fun way to make specific shapes with toddlers. Don’t miss the Halloween themed books after the craft , it’s not too late to grab a few and read before Halloween.
- Gather your materials. You will need a potato, knife, potato peeler, dish, white paint, black paper, scissors, stapler and orange ribbon.
- Start by cutting the potato in two and cutting the bottom in a zig zag. Use the end of a peeler to make eyes.
- Pour the white paint into the dish and add the ghost potato.
- Print! She loved the “ghosties”. I was excited they printed so well.
- When we filled two sheets we let them dry and then cut them out.
- Next we stapled them to the ribbon. My daughter chose the ghosts and handed them to me to staple.
- Then we added it to our fall mantle.