My son would be happy if my blog’s name was Only Time For Dinosaur Crafts as long as I did a few garbage trucks as well. We actually did this craft a while ago but I had just done a dinosaur craft so I saved it for later. I am glad I did we are puddles of sweat here on the west coast and long crafts just aren’t happening. However tomorrow I will have a super fun hot weather activity( experiment) for you.
- Gather your materials. You will need three large pieces of white paper, a marker, a googly eye, a paint roller , sponge or large brush, green paint, scissors and glue.
- Start by tracing your child’s hand, I only trace it once, then cut and trace that one original. Getting one good tracing takes luck with a 2 year old so I don’t push it.
- On the other paper draw a dinosaur, as you can see from mine no talent is required. As long as your child knows it’s not an alligator you are good, no need for perfection!
- Start painting both papers. We used the roller, and our hands. Let dry.
- Cut dinosaur and the hands out.
- Glue the dinosaur on the remaining piece of paper.
- Glue on the eye.
- Glue the cut out hands on to the back of the dinosaur. * if you are using thin paper they may roll, simply roll them back the other direction and they will stay pretty straight.