When I think of spring I think of the flowers and the grass peaking from the snow, for the letter of the week we are going green and celebrating spring !
- Gather your materials. You will need 2 pieces of construction paper, some green markers or crayons, green Easter grass , glue and scissors.
- Start by drawing a large upper case G
- Have your child color the G with the green markers.
- Next add the glue !
- Add the grass- I pulled some of the grass apart to make it easier for my son to glue it on.
- Keep going until it’s covered. Let dry
- Cut out the G and glue it onto the 2nd piece of paper.
Teaching letters doesn’t have to be all about pointing them out in books, magnets on the fridge or singing the ABCs ( although those are great things to do too! ). Making letters, hanging them up on the fridge or wall and showing your child what they made is a great way to reinforce their learning too!
- Gather your materials. You will need two pieces of construction paper, a marker, some green paint ( or colors to make green), glitter, glue and scissors.
- Draw a fat G, I had to draw 3 before I got one I even sorta liked.
- Mix the paint together! I used blue, green , and yellow glitter paint. Obviously any plain green paint or markers would work just as well. Our goal being teaching about the letter G and the color green all in one shot!
- Paint the G
- Add the Glitter. You can let the paint dry and spread glue and regular sparkles or use sparkles like these made for card / scrap booking. Just make sure they are non toxic!
- Let dry and Cut out the G.
- Put glue on the second piece of construction paper and glue on the G !