The letter u is always a challenge to find a word that your child could understand and recognize the connection to the craft , as well as figuring out how to make the craft. Today’s craft was fun to make , my son is so eager to cut things that he loved making the grass, he asked me to add some earth worms to the dirt . I think if your child is older and not too overwhelmed by a longer craft making some shoes and legs to go on the grass would be very cool!
- Gather your materials. You will need 3 pieces of construction paper ( 1 should be brown and one green the other is optional) , glue, scissors and markers.
- Start by writing a lower case u on the 3rd piece of construction paper.
- Have your child color it if they want. It’s been interesting to watch my son trace the inside first then go nuts scribbling over it.
- Cut the green paper so that it covers the top 1/5th of the brown paper.
- Hand it to your child and have then cut one side to make grass. As you can see this was the highlight for my son.
- While they do that cut the u out.
- If they want to color the brown dirt they can my son added worms and asked me to as well.
- Add glue to the top for the grass.
- Add the grass.
- Add the u to the dirt , under the grass so it’s underground!