It is an organization that is devoted to helping families struggling with Post Partum Depression. Exactly a year ago Jenny Gibbs Bankston and her infant son Graham tragically died . Now through this foundation her family and friends are making sure that their lives however short were not in vain. On this tragic anniversary I hope that this post reaches someone who needs it and makes a difference.
To see the memorial video
- Gather your materials. I use a shoe hanger from Ikea , and I slide in it baby wipes and Gladwear containers they fit perfectly! Inside those I keep markers, crayons, cotton balls, pencil crayons, paint, glue etc…
- Then on the bottom few slots I keep newspaper ( just a few sections at a time) toilet paper rolls, and other recyclables that I can use for projects.
- Also the top section has foam sheets, they fit perfectly, and pipe cleaners in it.
- Now onto my cheap shelves that in June broke and I used some pipe cleaners to hold them together, call me McGuyver ! Anyway on those shelves I have white paper construction paper and card stock on top. As well as scrap printed paper in the silver box.
- On the shelves I have one with tissue paper and paper bags, the one bellow it has my son’s easter basket with all the fun big sponges, bath poofs etc.. for free painting.Under the basket are a few brown paper grocery bags.
- The square closest to the door has a large box for scrap paper. It also holds my magazines I use for crafts.
- The square above it has all the specialized things- like googly eyes, pinking shears, buttons, sequins, sparkles etc… in a container so I can grab all the non kid friendly things fast if need be. It also keeps my paper plates close at hand.
I hope this helps !
**Also a reminder – send in or leave a comment with your favorite activity **
we did this year for our
Best of 2008 !
I couldn’t pick just one item from just dots , you can tell that great care and talent went into making the dress pictured above, the detail is amazing. My second favorite is this headband, if you have seen my hair you know why I love this, I need something just like it, I am way to lazy to do my hair and this headband is a perfect solution when a hat just won’t do!
This item isn’t so much a Christmas gift idea but how cute would these be for thank you notes for your child to write to those who spoiled them over the holidays? Robots are huge in our house but if they aren’t in yours, there are lots of other designs over at Paper*Cakes
Look at this shirt! I love that it’s girly , my favorite color and has somehow made skulls look fun and flirty! How beyond adorable is this? Oh and it’s less than $20! There are other amazingly cute bohemian style clothes at Baby-Vagabond !
Thrifty Craft Mama lives up to her name with this awesome FREE pattern for felt pumpkin pie, I don’t know about you but my toddler is getting a kitchen this Christmas and this is a perfect and thrifty stocking stuffer! Check out Maryanne’s other awesome ideas at
Thrifty Craft Mama
Building blocks are a must have for every child, and these from Princess Time Toys are awesome. They make a castle but there are enough plain blocks that you don’t have to make a castle every time you play! I am kicking myself that I didn’t see these before I bought my son blocks for Christmas!
Don’t be fooled , this isn’t a toy for your child, it’s a dog toy, and it’s earth friendly, 100% recyclable, and made in the USA. I think it’s perfect for the environmentally conscious dog owner, not to mention I think an artichoke is much more pleasing to see laying around your house than a yucky old bone! Find it and more ( including bones) at Paw Luxury !
** Paw Luxury has offered my US readers FREE Shipping !
Just enter the code FIRSTFREE !**
When Michelle over at Her Cup Overfloweth sent me this idea I knew immediately I wanted to feature this! I just think it’s funky, personal and a great keepsake to cherish, oh and way simpler to make than you think.
For the full how to pop over to
Her Cup Overfloweth
and don’t forget to check out Michelle’s other awesome ideas!
Finding unique gifts can be hard, what about the person who has everything? The Perfect Profile is the perfect gift! What mom or grandma wouldn’t love one of these? Because they are custom made you can match them to your decor. Oh and don’t think they are just for parents, pet owners can have their fur baby’s profile done too!
Another personalized gift is this classy embossed glass ornament . Kids love things with their names on it and if your child isn’t a Jacob or a Madeline it can be hard to find something special , and custom gifts can get so pricey, not a problem with this ornament! It’s under $10 and worth every penny, there are lots of other cute handmade gifts at Scraps ‘ n ‘ Stuff.
There are lots of cute toddler shirts out there but I had to share this cowgirl shirt with you, you can find it and more at Pilarina’s Boutique . If you have a little girls don’t miss her adorable hair bows!
If you have been to my site before you may know I have a deep appreciation of all things that sparkle. These ornaments are not only beautiful , sparkly and affordable they can be customized too! Head over to Say It’s By U and check it out!
As a mom I am always toting everything except what I really need around town, now I can do it in style with one of Jen’s beautiful and functional bags. Her beautiful bags can be made into a stroller bag with a extra attachment! Swing by Handbags By Jen and you won’t be disappointed!