So far we have read over 3000 books!! That is amazing I can’t wait to see our grand total at the end of the summer.
Time to get in your forms. List all the books you have read ( at least 10!) with your child this week , fill in this form and you will be entered to win a copy of my eBook Alphabet Crafts as well as get an entry for the end of summer Amazon.com gift card giveaway. To be included in this week’s contest you need to fill the form out before 12am( that’s midnight tonight) on Monday June 21sr PDT.
Need more info? Check out the details.
Time to get in your forms. List all the books you have read ( at least 10!) with your child this week , fill in this form and you will be entered to win a copy of my eBook Alphabet Crafts as well as get an entry for the end of summer Amazon.com gift card giveaway. To be included in this week’s contest you need to fill the form out before 12am on Monday June 14th PDT.
Need more info? Check out the details.
Do not miss being a part of our 1st Annual Summer Reading Challenge. It’s easy all you need to do is read 10 books ( or chapters) , fill in this form ( one per participating child) and you will be entered to win one weekly prize of a copy of my eBook Alphabet Crafts and a final prize drawn at the end of the summer of a $15 Amazon.com gift card. For all the details click here.
The first weekly winner will be announced tomorrow, get your forms filled out tonight by 12am PDT to be entered.
Reading during the summer is such an important part of keeping your kids brains as busy as their feet as they run, jump and play in the sun. To promote literacy and great books I have decided to create a summer reading challenge. What you need to do:
1. Keep a list of the books you read to your child each week . Starting Monday May 24th( but you can join in any week) . If your child is an independent reader reading chapter books keep a list of the chapters read.
2. Fill this form in every week ( I will post a reminder every Sunday ). This is your entry for prizes, one per week/ per child. All weekly entries are automatically entered into the final drawing for the Amazon.com Gift Card. If you enter every week you get more chances for the gift card at the end of the summer!
3. Prizes : Every week I will giveaway one copy of Alphabet Crafts eBook and at the end of the challenge I will draw for a $15 Amazon.com gift card. Weekly entries are closed at 12am every Monday PDT.Fine print – open to anyone with children 0-18 . Got a newborn? It’s never to early to read. Have a teen – they can enter too. Please fill out one form per child . Winners will be chosen by random every week based on the entries for that week time stamped before 12am every Monday PDT. The challenge starts May 24th and ends August 30th at 12am PDT. Final winner will be drawn Monday August 31st 2010.
1. Gather your materials. Before starting gather some pictures of totem poles, explain that totem poles were used for all different reasons, to tell legends, record history and sometimes just for art. You will need many colors of construction paper, scrap paper is great, although you will need one large piece for the wings. A piece of plain white paper, paper towel roll, glue, scissors, a marker, a paper punch, and some colorful markers. You may also want some tape to keep things in place while glue dries.
2. Start by coloring the white paper, older children can do patterns , younger ones can just go for it. Other than playing with the final product, this was the only step my little man helped me with.
6. When they are done coloring, wrap the white paper around the paper towel roll. Trim if needed. Set aside.
7. Start gluing on the totem animals faces, although we didn’t decide exactly what animals we were making, as we glued them on we decided on a raven, a frog and a seagull. Not sure there are many seagulls on real totem poles but that’s ok.
8. Glue the feathers on the wings.
9. Glue the wings on the pole and let dry.
I am looking for some guest reviewers for chapter books. If your school age child and/or you would like to review a book you’ve read please email me with the title, the author , your review , first name and age. I will be doing 2-3 of these special posts throughout the summer. If you have any questions drop me a line !