We are nearing the end of our letter of the week for uppercase letters, soon we will embark on the little guys of the alphabet to mix things up and keep building on the learning we’ve already done. Before we do that though here is another E project. This letter of the week turned out to be way cuter than I expected and my son really enjoyed the addition of letters to put inside the envelopes.
- Gather your materials. You will need 4 letter sized envelopes, a large sheet of construction paper, some scrap paper in different colors, a paper punch or scissor, markers and glue.
- Start by coloring your envelopes. I took the opportunity to ask my son what we put in envelopes, we talked about the post office too.
- While he was coloring or rather picking out which markers to use ( this took longer than coloring did) I cut out some circles and added the letters onto them.
- Next add your glue. I added it so that my son could see he letter. Normally I draw out the letter as the first step but there was no need today, so instead I snuck it in here.
- Pop the envelopes on the glue.
- Add your letters. This was by far my son’s favorite part. He was in a goofy mood this morning and kept saying ” Hello baby e, you go right here with your mama”as he popped the letters in. To make it more challenging for more advanced children you could put all different letters on the circles and have the child sort out only the letter e. Let dry.