This simple fine motor and alphabet activity for kids is the 9th post in our Alphabet For Starters series, it’s our series of simple activities to play and introduce the alphabet to little learners. My son loved this when we did a even simpler version many years ago and still loved it this time. As you will see my daughter liked pushing in the tees a lot more than hammering them and that’s fine. She played with the letters, got lots of fine motor skill development and most importantly she had fun. Things rarely turn out as you imagined with kids. Roll with it.
- Gather your materials. You will need some Styrofoam, golf tees , a toy hammer , some markers and some painters tape if you are doing it outside to keep it from blowing away.
- Start by writing out the letters. Choose a few or a lot.
- Add the tees
- Time to hammer! She started off interested in the hammer but …
- Soon she was all about pushing them in with her fingers.
- And exploring the styrofoam . I think this is what she liked best!
- After her brother came home we dug the pushed in tees out , re set them and let him pound away.