This firework craft is our 4th of July version of our Love Bomb craft we made last year. That was such a hit I knew I’d have to do it again but I was waiting for just the right time. Yesterday was that time. It looks messy and daunting but this us actually a super simple 4th of July craft . I can’t help but think of bombs bursting in air when I see these fireworks!
- Gather your materials. You will need some paper bags, red, white and blue streamers, and I added some foil too. Scissors, glue and black paper. Oh and a vacuum on hand.
- Cut up the streamers and foil into small confetti pieces.
- Fill the bag.
- Add your glue to the black paper in the shape of a firework in the night sky.
- Fill your bag with air. PLEASE adults only for this step . If your child sucks in the air from the bag before blowing ( which is pretty natural to do) they could suck up some of the confetti. So it’s best left for the adults. Besides the kids don’t care about blowing it up they just want to pop it.
- Place the paper with glue on the floor and pop it!
- Scoop the extra confetti up and plop it on the glue. After seeing her brother do it my ready to swim wee one decided it did look cool and joined in. I popped the bag for her but she shook the contents all over her glue.
- Let dry!
I know I sound like a nervous nelly but I really try to make sure that I treat your kids the way I treat my kids if not a little more cautiously. This is not a dangerous activity and my 6 year old thinks it’s beyond super cool but I do want to make sure that everyone is safe.
Books About The USA
Click the image to read the book reviews!