Rainbows make people happy even if they don’t look exactly like a rainbow. This simple art project was easy to set up and my daughter and I had fun painting rainbows using combs instead of paint brushes. It was the perfect short little craft to reconnect with her after returning home from a weekend away. When I suggested we paint rainbows she went running for the playroom and pointing out that she was already wearing a rainbow shirt. Clearly it was meant to be.
- Gather your materials. You will need paint in rainbow colors , a dish , combs ( bought at the dollar store) andpaper.
- Pour the paint into the dish making sure it’s in the right order. Red , orange, yellow, green , blue and purple.
- Dip in the comb.
- Spread! I just let her explore using the teeth and the back of the comb.
- I think the end result was awfully awesome.
- The others were made by my bigger hands , going back and forth a few times using both sides of the combs. It was fascinating to watch the colors spread and when I made one she was enthralled. ” Make ‘nother rainbow Mama!” so I did.
Want some more rainbow ideas? We have a bunch more rainbow projects for you here !