We haven’t seen much snow this winter but it hasn’t stopped us from making snowmen. These 9 snowman crafts are our favorite that you can make no matter what climate you live in. On Friday we will be sharing our favorite snowman books. Don’t miss it there are so many great ones to choose from.
I wasn’t going to post this for a few days but when my son wouldn’t stop playing with them , I couldn’t wait to share. The idea came from my son and his constant stacking of cans, spices and boxes of mac and cheese. It it super easy and although we kept our decoration to a minimum you can glue whatever you want to embellish your snowman!
- Gather your materials. You will need 2 or more small plastic spice jars, some construction paper, googly eyes, glue , scissors and cotton balls.
- Soak your empty spice jars in hot water, remove all the glue and labels, let dry.
- Fill your spice jars with cotton balls, count as you go! Put on the lids tightly.
- While your child does that cut out some black circles for buttons, an orange triangle for a carrot and black semi circle for a mouth. You can also do arms, a broom or more, I kept it simple for my 2 year old.
- Add glue and the buttons to one “block”
- Add the googly eyes, carrot and mouth on another.
- Let dry.
- Build your snowman! My son has been enjoying putting the head on the bottom and laughing hysterically!