I am pretty health conscious, especially when it comes to what my family eats, but treats are not banned, and candy has a special place in my heart. When my son and I made both the St. Patrick’s Day treats in this post, he turned up his nose at the sugary one and gobbled up two spinach and banana popsicles in a row! I was proud, and it made up for all the marshmallows he ate while we were making the shamrocks. You can’t win every time, right?
Shamrock Crispy Rice Treats
- Gather your materials. You will need 5 1/2 cups of marshmallows, 5 1/2 cups of rice crispy type cereal, 1/4 cup of butter, green sprinkles, green candies, some nonstick spray, a large sauce pan, two baking sheets and a shamrock cookie cutter. * I had food coloring out but didn’t end up using it; the sparkles bled enough.
- Stir the green sparkles and candies into the cereal.
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and stir until smooth.
- Add the cereal mix.
- Mix well
- Put the mix onto one baking sheet that has been sprayed with baking spray
- Press down with the 2nd; this compacts it down perfectly
- Let cool in your fridge for an hour.
- Cut out with a cookie cutter and enjoy.