Some times nature needs a little bribe to come close, here is how to make that bribe!
- Gather your materials. You will need an empty Milk Carton, a bamboo skewer, dowel or chopstick , scissors, ribbon and birdseed. You can also paint the feeder with non toxic paint, but if you live in a wet climate like myself I would and did skip this step!
- Cut an opening in the milk carton. You will want it to start about an inch from the bottom.
- When that is done poke a hole under that for the dowel/chopstick and one on the opposite side of the carton.
- Poke the dowel through.
- Poke a hole in the top of the carton for the ribbon that will be used to hang the feeder. Thread the ribbon through and knot it, you can use twine or string too, I am just using what I had available.
- Fill with bird seed.
- Hang it outside and wait for the birds… I am still waiting but I am hoping we see some soon!
Feather Painting !