- Gather your materials. You will need a piece of card stock or construction paper, some markers/ crayons, glue and then some smaller pieces of things like feathers, aluminum foil, sand paper- anything that can easily be glued on and have an obvious texture. I used some foam ( squishy), foil wrapping paper ( smooth) and feathers ( soft) .
- I had my son start out with markers, because writing / scribbling is an important skill so practicing it is fun and worthwhile, but you don’t need to do this step.
- Drizzle or have your child put some glue on the paper.
- Put the collage materials on one at a time, talk about how it feels when your child is handling it.
- With older children you can ask them to close their eyes , put the collage material into their hands and ask them what it feels like!
Like this post? Share it with a friend!