This was a favorite in my classroom and is really easy to make, tuck those kids in , grab some scissors and start cutting, by morning you’ll have a fun game to play with your kids!
- Gather your materials. You will need multiple colors of card stock or sturdy construction paper, a marker, scissors, eyelets and an eyelet setter ,or you can also use paper clips!
- Draw a fish to make a template. Make sure the tail is large enough to write a letter on it. Cut it out and use this to trace all the fish.
- Start tracing the fish on your card stock/construction paper. I normally trace one for every two fish.
- Get comfy on your couch, and cut! Layer two or three pieces of paper to make it go faster but be careful , the paper can shift.
- Add a letter on the tail and a smile too. If you are using paper clips add an eye too!
- If you are using the eyelet option, add the eyelet as the eye for each fish. The eyelet should be magnetic, double check though since some are so heavily coated with paint the fishing pole may not pick them up!
- I am using a fishing rod that came with a Melissa and Doug puzzle but you can easily make one with a chop stick, ruler or blunt knitting needle. Add some yarn or ribbon with a strong magnet on the end and you are set!
- Wake your baby ( aren’t they always our babies? ) and show them the new game!
Click here for more Under The Sea themed activities!