- Gather your materials. You will need some black construction paper, a paper plate, some red paint, glue , scissors and a pipe cleaner.
- Have your child paint the underside of the paper plate, we chose to finger paint and if you look close at my son’s lips, he taste tested the paint too.
- While your child is painting, using the black construction paper to make a head.
- Cut out some spots and thin rectangle. I used a paper punch for the spots but you can draw circles and simply cut them out.
- Glue your head and spots on .
- Poke two small holes in the head and thread the pipe cleaner through.
” I Love Bugs” by Phileomon Sturges is a rare find. It is listed as fiction but I would consider it as non fiction, as it really is a great factual book about bugs for older toddlers/ young preschoolers. It is really hard to find simple, short books that include facts and this one is perfect. It doesn’t go into the life cycles of butterflies or how lightning bugs light up, but it does use descriptive words with bright and charming illustrations. Great for the under 3 crowd, and useful for older kids too!