This is the perfect example of necessity being the mother of all invention. However after showing some neighbors who are 5 and 7 what I made they were interested in making their own, so I am sharing the how to. Younger kids will need some help but this would be a fun thing to make as a family project.
- Gather your materials . You will need a brown paper grocery bag, black, green and any other color you choose construction paper, double sided tape , glue, scissors, colored pencils and contact paper.
- Cut your bag open so it’s wide , trim the bottom piece off and save for later.
- Using black paper and yellow colored pencil design your roadway.
- Once you have decided on the design , cut it out . Cover your bag with green construction paper, glue it down, then tape your roadway down I say tape because you may want to move it , tape is easier to move.
- Start adding scenery like a pond.
- You can use the extra grocery bag paper to make a house or other buildings too.
- Tape your scenery down.
- Add a contact paper cover to make it sturdy and keep everything in place.
- Add some Hotwheels and have hours of fun!