The Olympics are a big deal in our family, my grandmother was a medalist in the 1932 games and to honor her as well as the games in Beijing we will be doing Olympic activities all week!This Olympic torch craft will be fun to do for younger children but older ones will be able to appreciate the significance of the Olympic torch , to learn more about it check out this site .
- Gather your materials. You will need a paper towel roll, some red paint, orange tissue paper, aluminum foil , glue, scissors and a paint brush.
- Start by painting your torch red.
- While your child is painting rip the aluminum foil into small pieces, if you are doing this with an older child they can use scissors to make pretty designs like the real torch!
- Spread your glue on the top half of the roll.
- Add your aluminum foil.
- While your child does that cut your tissue paper into flames.
- Add glue on the inside and stuff your tissue paper flames inside.