- Gather your materials. You will need some cardboard ( an old mac and cheese box is perfect) some gold sparkly paint, double stick tape, a paintbrush, some ribbon or streamers, and some markers for decorating the medals.
- Draw two identical circles on the card board.
- Have your child decorate the circle with crayons or markers.
- Add a few globs of paint.
- Cover the two circles with paint and let dry.
- Cut the circles out.
- Using double stick tape ( glue would work too- just let it dry) tape the streamer onto the back of one circle , make sure the loop is large enough to make it over your child’s head. Add another layer of tape and the front side of the medal.
- Have a very adorable child who likes things around their necks model it for you 🙂
We shook the ribbons high, low fast and slow!
Track and Field: I used a some left over streamers from Valentines day and tied each end to a small tree at the playground. We lined the boys up and bribed them with cookies to run, turns out the bribe wasn’t needed at all- they repeated the race again and again without asking once for the cookies ( which was good cause we needed them to convince the two to get back in their strollers at the end of the day! ) .