I love autumn , the colors, smells, and Halloween candy! This craft is fun for all ages, depending on your child’s age and ability they can do all of it, or you can help like I did with my toddler. either way the end result will be well worth everyone’s effort!
- Gather your materials. You will need 4 pieces of construction paper in fall colors or neutral , some paint, a marker, paintbrush, scissors and double stick tape.
- Draw or have your child draw some leaves on the construction paper, leave one page blank. I am using all different color paper but all one color is fine too.
- Have your child paint the leaf drawings.
- Add a 2nd color mix away it makes the leaves look that much more realistic!
- While your child is painting the leaves, draw a spiral on the blank page of construction paper.
- Paint the spiral. Let everything dry.
- Cut the leaves out.
- Cut the spiral out.
- Using double stick tape add the leaves to the spiral. I like using this over glue because it’s not as heavy and the spiral hangs nicer.
- Hang it up to decorate your house ! My son barely ate dinner pointing to his art, and excitedly telling his dad that we made it outside!
Leaves, leaves, leaves are falling
falling to the ground.
Orange, red, yellow and brown
leaves are falling down!