- Gather your materials. You will need 2 pieces of construction paper, something to color with, glue, scissors and a marker. We used chalk because we haven’t used it in a while but paint would look great!
- Draw an E with a long trunk in the middle. Draw a large ear .
- Have your child color the E, talk about how elephants have trunks, and ask them what other big things do elephants have on their heads?
- Have them color the big ear.
- This is just a picture of my son stacking the chalk on his tractor, he took a breather while I cut out the E .
- Grab the 2nd piece of construction paper and if your child wants to color it as well.
- Time to glue everything on!
- All done!
“Elmer ” by David McKee is another book with a great message. Elmer is different, he isn’t gray like all the other elephants, and he’s a little bit of a goof too! He’s not so sure he likes that though. Like all of us it takes some time for Elmer to accept who he is but in the end he sees that patchwork is just who he is!