Growing up we always had the chocolate advent calendars and I usually ate it all by November 25th! I doubt I will be able to avoid this with my son but at 2 I still have the upper hand. Stickers are big treats in our house, so capitalizing on that and the fact my son has no clue there are calendars with chocolate in them ( yet) I made him this simple but cute countdown to Christmas.
- Gather your materials. You will need 2 pieces of construction paper, a scrap piece of paper, some double stick tape or glue, a marker, scissors, some sparkle glue and stickers.
- Draw a rough draft of a Christmas tree with the numbers 1-24 on it, I organized it with one on the bottom and the numbers going up the tree numerically. With older kids having the numbers all over the place would add a search and find activity too !
- Cut out a tree from your green paper. I folded mine in half to make it symmetrical and even though it worked , it made a yucky line down the middle. So I would do that with a scrap and make a stencil them trace it and cut out . That was the last of my green paper though so I was stuck with it.
- Add your numbers , use your guide so you don’t end up with extra or not enough space on your tree! If you have an older child you will want to have a larger tree so there is enough space for them to write the numbers themselves.
- I added circles around the numbers to give my son a clear spot for the sticker to go but there is no right or wrong way to do it!
- Add sparkles if you so desire,I can’t imagine a tree without some bling!
- Glue or tape your tree to the back paper, and add a title if you want.
- As the days go by add your stickers- I added them here for you to see what it would look like closer to Christmas.