Recycled Crayons with Vehicle Themed Candy Molds

candy mold crayons for kids

In preparation for my son’s 2nd birthday , I have been playing around with making fun loot bag gifts. Here is my favorite so far, candy mold recycled crayons. Super easy to make, kids love to use them to color and a huge bonus being that my son who eats every art supply under the sun seems to leave these alone!

1. Gather your materials. You will need some crayons ( about 4-5 per mold), an oven , disposable muffin liners, and a candy mold. I bought this candy mold from Micheal’s for less than $2 !
  2. Take the paper off the crayons, and break them into smaller pieces. Place them in a muffin tin .
  3. Melt. I used paper liners but the no pan needed liners are the best.
  4. Pour into the mold and let sit for an hour or until it’s cool. I used a cookie rack under the mold to keep it stable.
  5. Pop out of the mold.
  6. Get drawing !

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Love your website! Such great ideas for my preschooler. My son’s birthday is coming up soon too (3). Do you have any other good bday loot ideas? Thanks!

2. Esbenshade Boys says

EXCELLENT IDEA! I printed this one out for future use! Look forward to many more fun and exciting ideas!

3. Terri says

Too cute!! My daughters’ birthday is next weekend. I might try these (girl version, of course) along with the “cupcake pops” from Bakerella for her goodie bags. Thanks for the idea!

4. johanna says

this is fantastic!! my son is vaheicle mad so id love to do this for him but here in the uk ive never seen molds like that.. will have to look online.. thanks for all the great ideas!!

5. Andrea says

So fun! My son’s 1st birthday was a star theme and we made star crayons with silicone cupcake molds for the goody bags :)

6. Maile says

I love these!! I’ve made the kind where you just do it in a mini muffin pan so they’re just round, but these are so much cooler!

7. GibbonsFam says

great idea!!! I have sooooo many broken crayons, that this will give them a new life and my toddler could actually use them better!

8. BEE says

Another great idea that I will be adding to my son’s loot bags in January!!!

Do you have a section for cool bday ideas????