I can’t count the number of times I have made this craft but it wasn’t until I saw this post over at Just 4 Fun that I got my tush in gear and made it! Sandy does a whole bunch of awesome activities , if you haven’t seen her blog you need to pop over there! I got the package of doilies at the dollar store and the water color was perfect for the fragile paper.
- Gather your materials. You will need 2 doily hearts, some red and pink construction paper glue, water colors, a paint brush, small dish for water, googly eyes and a pipe cleaner.
- Start by painting the doilies with water colors. This was the first time my son had used them and after teaching him a quick chant of “Water, Color , Paper!” it was smooth sailing.
- While they are painting, cut out a butter fly body from the red paper.
- Cut out a small heart from the pink paper for a mouth.
- Glue the doilies together at the point end.
- Add glue on top
- Add your butterfly body.
- Glue on the mouth.
- Add the glue for the eyes, and glue them on
- Poke two holes in the top and feed your pipe cleaner through. Tape on the back for extra stability. Curl the ends.
“Did I Tell You I Love You Today?” by Deloris Jordan is a very practical yet heartwarming look at all the ways parents show love to their children everyday, from feeding them healthy food to praying after they go to bed. My son loved all the big boy things in the book like, the school bus, basketball and the playground. I teared up reading the book, but I cry at American Idol so that may not be indicative of anything!
“I Love You With All My Heart!” by Noris Kern is the precursor to “Will you Still Love Me” the author is the illustrator in the other book. The characters are the same and the story is equally as sweet. It’s a slow but calming story about Polo’s quest to understand what mama bear means when she says she loves him with all her heart!