Toddler Playdough Sculptures

play dough ideas for kids
On Tuesday I was watching ( well mostly listening to) the Presidential Inauguration and that meant my little man was house bound , so I needed a lot of fun things up my sleeve. We made crafts, we played with water , built a city with blocks and our piece de resistance these super cool playdough sculptures!

1. Gather your materials. You will need some play-dough and something fun to stick in it. We used popsicle sticks and toilet paper rolls.
  2. Start creating.
  3. My son made the same thing over and over, birthday cakes! We sung happy birthday to many things including the new president, it was a fun day.
Click Here
For our play-dough recipes!

Comments

1. frillsfluffandtrucks says

He’s so cute! :) I really like this idea–my children probably would make birthday cakes too.

~ Sarah

2. MrsWhimsy says

We do this all the time! Sometimes they use crayons as the “candles”, sometimes popsicle sticks. Funny how they gravitate towards the baked goods :).

Thanks!

Straws work great because they are so light! Older kids are great with pipe cleaners too, but little guys usually end up poking themselves and getting hurt.

4. Miller Moments says

This is a favorite at our house too! I give my kiddo paper muffin cups and he loves to put play dough in and make cupcakes.

5. Tanya says

ooo, I like Miller Moments’ idea of using muffin cups for “cupcakes”. My 2 yr old will be all over that. Thanks for the play dough recipes, Allie! We used play dough this past Hanukkah for a menorah and then used crayons for the candles each night.

6. jk says

We’ve also done this with toothpicks. That went over really well! My husband came home and thought they looked like voodoo dolls. I like your term “sculptures” much better :)

I love all these ideas, I call them “sputnik” in my head but voodoo dolls are a great description too!

Jennifer I am glad she likes the songs- I know I look insane but if the kids lie it , I’m happy!