- Gather your materials. You will need a pan, oven , tortillas, pizza sauce, pepperoni , mozzarella , kitchen sheers and a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Start by folding your tortilla in half and cutting it into a heart.
- Next using the cookie cutter make your heart shaped pepperoni, you could do this with a host of other toppings as well.
- Time to gather the kiddos! Mine was a little hungry after nap and decided to taste test the crust.
- Spread the sauce on
- Add the cheese, I am not sure if he is putting it on or taking it off in this picture. Shred much more than you need if your little chef is a fan of cheese!
- Add the pepperoni! My son insisted the hearts were eyes, so we made a mouth too.
- Bake- I baked ours at 400* for about 10 minutes, checking on it often.
How cute are these? What a sweet idea instead of giving cookies or candy for Valentine’s Day , give a gift that keeps on giving, home made play-dough, recipe and a heart shaped cookie cutter . I wish I had thought of it, but I didn’t, Jessica at The Entertaining House shared this with me and I am so glad she did. So if you are looking for a cute and sugar free gift check out how she did it !
The Entertaining House