Roll with it !
- Gather your materials. You will need a paper plate, a cereal box, some paint, glue, a marker, scissors , some ribbon, photos and a heart shaped paper punch.
- Draw some hearts on your cereal box.
- Have your child paint the hearts. Let dry.
- While they are painting, cut out pictures of your friends using the paper punch. Older children can do this themselves after finishing painting.
- Cut out the center of the paper plate.
- Cut out the hearts.
- Try and try and try to get your child from the sink to come and glue the hearts on but understand that bubbles and water are second only to Dora the Explorer and accept defeat.
- Glue the pictures on the middle of the hearts.
- Glue onto the paper plate- even if your child hasn’t staged a mutiny this step is tricky so be prepared to help a lot .
- I put my plastic place mat on my wreath for a few minutes to press it down, it did the trick!
- Let dry.
- Loop some ribbon around it and hang up to cherish your friends this Valentine’s Day !
” Slugs In Love “ by Susan Pearson had me giggling while reading it. The story is about 2 slugs who write poetry to each other while admiring each other from afar. The book is too complex for the tiny crowd but PreK and up will appreciate the humor and it could be a great springboard for a unit on poetry . A silly but fun book about those slimy garden pests!