My plan was for my son to do this dandelion , but all he wanted to do was stick the q-tips in his nose, in his ears- pretty much everywhere but the glue. So I made the flower and my son happily and very carefully painted with a q-tip, a great open ended activity which should make up the majority of art time for toddlers and preschoolers anyway. Not what I planned, but we had fun and I think both projects are pretty cute.
- Gather your materials. You will need a green pipe cleaner, a big handful of q-tips, a cotton ball ,a piece of construction paper and glue.
- Start by bending your pipe cleaner into a stem and one leaf.
- Add glue to your paper and glue the stem on.
- Add a large circle of glue at the top of the stem
- Add your q-tips to the glue.
- Add a cotton ball to the middle
- Let dry.