Cooler than Tie Dye!
This project was sent in by Scott over at 360KID. This uses bleach so this is not a project for when kids are around however for a crafty parent it’s awesome. Make sure you are in a very well ventilated area- like outside and you use gloves when dealing with bleach. I plan to do this for my son with a cut out of an upright base- for some reason I can’t find shirts with that instrument in a 3T! Thanks Scott for sharing this and your blog!
- Gather your materials. Scott used an old black tee-shirt, some doilies, twigs, scissors, newspaper , spritzer bottle, bleach , water and gloves.
- Start by mixing 2 parts water and one part bleach in your spritzer bottle.
- Lay out the newspaper and tee-shirt.
- Cut your doilies, and paper into shapes. You could also use plastic letters, rocks… the sky is the limit. Place them and the twigs on the shirt.
- Spray with the bleach mixture. Wait. Scott said that it started turning almost immediately!
- Pop it in a cold wash – dry and you are good to go!
If you are interested in kids , learning and technology pop over to Scott’s blog 360KID , you’ll end up reading for hours!