- Gather your materials. You will need a 2 contrasting pieces of construction paper, a fish Jar lid stamp ( make your own- instructions) , stamp pad,a marker, scissors and glue.
- Start by writing a large F with the marker.
- Have your child make waves with the marker. I think this was his favorite part. He’s been drawing waves all day since.
- Press your stamp on to the pad.
- When you are done with the fish, cut out.
- Add glue to the back of the F
- Glue onto the other piece of construction paper and let dry.
“Rainbow Fish A, B, C” by Marcus Pfister is hard to write a review about. All it is is the alphabet with Rainbow Fish illustrations. My son enjoyed pointing out the letters but as a book there wasn’t much to it.
“Ten Little Fish “ by Audrey and Bruce Wood was another cute find this week. The book is a rhyming countdown story about 10 little fish and what happens to them one by one. The illustrations look like an animated movie, and the rhymes are well thought out. My one wish is that the numbers were shown as digits not simply words, so that younger children who can recognize the numbers in digit form but not yet by reading the word could more easily follow along. The ending made me giggle, and you’ll have to grab the book to find out why !