Earth Friendly Monster !
My son is almost 3 and not only very into Frankenstein , he is also in the bathroom all the time. Potty training has been pretty painless but it seems like we are always in the potty, so naturally I came up with a Halloween craft using a toilet paper roll! You could use paint for better coverage, we are out of black paint so we used markers. What I love about this is that when you are done Frankenstein can stand all on his own !
- Gather your materials. You will need a toilet paper roll, a black marker and/or paint, green marker or paint, googly eyes, glue , 2 golf tees and scissors.
- Start by drawing a line on the roll to mark where the hair will start.
- Color the top part black , a trick I did with my son so he stayed in the lines , was to have him hold the other side and cover it with his hand while he colored. Worked great!
- Color the other half green.
- Add a mouth with black marker.
- Add glue for the eyes.
- Add the googly eyes.
- Poke holes in the side for the golf tees.
- Have your child put the tees in.
- Cut the black part with scissors, multiple times for make hair. This is a good chance for cutting practice since there is no need to be exact, simply make cute into the roll.
- We added stitches along the smile after cutting with the black marker. Enjoy!