Frankenstein Craft

Frankenstein Craft

My son is almost 3 and not only very into Frankenstein , he is also in the bathroom all the time. Potty training has been pretty painless but it seems like we are always in the potty, so naturally I came up with a Halloween craft using a toilet paper roll!  You could use paint for better coverage, we are out of black paint so we used markers. What I love about this is that when you are done this Frankenstein craft can stand all on his own !

1. Gather your materials. You will need a toilet paper roll, a black marker and/or  paint, green marker or paint, googly eyes, glue , 2 golf tees and scissors.frankenstien craft
  2. Start by drawing a line on the roll to mark where the hair will start.frankenstien 001
  3. Color the top part black , a trick I did with my son so he stayed in the lines , was to have him hold the other side and cover it with his hand while he colored. Worked great!Frankenstien Craft
  4. Color the other half green.Frankenstien Craft
  5. Add a mouth  with black marker.Frankenstien Craft
  6. Add glue for the eyes.frankenstien craft
  7. Add the googly eyes.frankenstien craft
  8. Poke  holes in the side for the golf tees. frankenstien craft
  9. Have your child put the tees in.frankenstien craftfrankenstien craft
  10. Cut the black part with scissors, multiple times for make hair. This is a good chance for cutting practice since there is no need to be exact, simply make cute into the roll.
  11. frankenstien 012
  12. We added stitches along the smile after cutting with the black marker.  Enjoy!

Comments

1. Josie says

I love this idea! My daughter is always wanting to cut things with scisors, so this will be perfect. I’ll have to think of something to use in place of golf tees though, I don’t have any of those.

I love this craft! My little one is also 3 so we’re also in the potty room a lot…He’s even decided that it should be called the “boys room” and that I have to use the one in my bedroom…fine with me! :) He’s also going to be Frankenstein for Halloween, so this is perfect. Thanks!

3. Stacie says

My 5yo son picked this craft, he was totally into it, I’m giving screws to finish this craft. It kept him busy while i cooked and his sister did her homework. Thanks for a great idea.

4. Adriana says

Omigoodness, my boys had a great time with this craft and their teachers loved them. We added folded foil instead of golf tees and added a snack pack of m & m s to the inside for a special treat! thnx for a gr8 craft!

5. Sarah says

This is great! My son is 3 and is going to be Frankenstien for Halloween as well. He’ll love doing this craft. Thanks for sharing.

6. melissa says

I plan on using this for my Kindergarten class and will use black construction paper cut out for bolts. Much easier and safer with so many little ones

1. [...] aren’t golfers and don’t have any of those just laying around. You can find this craft over at No Time for Flashcards. Last, but not least, the paper plate ghost! Who doesn’t love a little hanging mobile? I know [...]