Support Your Team!
When I bought these beads I was trying to decide what to make with them , and inspiration struck today. We are going up to cheer for Canada and the USA at the Olympics and decided to make some jewelry for the occasion. Beading was not easy and my son only did a bit, I wasn’t expecting him to do any this is an activity for 5 and up although as you can see younger kids can help! For a great activity for younger ones scroll down!
- Gather your materials. You will need some pipe cleaners ( in the country’s colors you are supporting), and some alphabet beads.
- Start by searching for the letters. I didn’t ask my son to come help since my plan was for this to be an older child activity, but he came and helped!
- Spell out your message.
- Thread on! I threaded all the of the beads on and separated the pipe cleaners to make it fancy 😉 For the USA one I threaded the USA on a single pipe cleaner and the hearts on both.
- Wrap the ends to make your bracelet.
Uppercase Lowercase Match!
Games don’t have to be complicated to be fun. This alphabet game is super simple but easy make and fun to play. The beads are uppercase letters so to make it more challenging for my son who knows his letters, I used lowercase letters in the tin. You could use uppercase letters for beginners or even spell simple sight words for more advanced learners.
- Gather your materials. You will need alphabet letter beads, a muffin tin, some paper, a marker , tape and scissors or a circular paper punch.
- Write out the letters on the paper.
- Punch them out.
- Tape into the tin.
- Call your sorting superstar to the table! And have fun, it is a game after all!
You might also like :